Believe it or not, but life in the 2Ist century is busy. Do you know, why?
Because every person has a reason. Most people say the same thing, “I have no time.” If you explore more, you will find that ‘an average person’ works for more than 9 hours a day.
And, there comes a time in our lives when we think that we have little time to do things. Sometimes it happens that we start our day more confidently and try our best to do tasks in a particular timeframe.
But somehow we fail to finish our tasks much efficiently and wait fervently for the next day to complete it. But do not worry, it happens with all of us.
The foremost thing that you need to keep in mind is that we all have a same amount of time just like everybody else has.
Even if you look at successful people around the world, you will be bewildered to see how they have reached this far and made a mark in their respective industries.
Here I would like to mention about a famous quote by the world’s famous inventor and an entrepreneur Steve Jobs.
He once quoted “My favorite things in life don’t cost any money. It’s really clear that the most precious resource we all have is Time.”
I completely agree with this revolutionary personality as “TIME” is indeed a valuable resource, we all have, but we still lag in terms of utilizing it much efficiently as we should really do.
We all know that time flies, and if you fail to make the most out of it, you won’t be able to achieve your goals successfully.
Thus, it’s important to do as much you can do at a time. But the question is, how to manage your time efficiently.
I believe that if you learn the trick of managing your time effectively, you surely can pump up your productivity levels and can make the most out of every day.
Read further to know the right way of managing your time incredibly.
Simple ways to manage your time
#1 Start your day early
Do you know, people who get up early are far more proactive than those who get up late?
You will be bewildered to know that early risers are dynamic, creative, and quick in analyzing and are great problem-solvers. They plan their day wisely and finish all daily chores rapidly at work than others.
If you are not a morning person, then try becoming one. I know, waking up early is itself a daunting task, but if you want to get ahead of others, you have to change your morning routine.
First, prepare yourself mentally that you have to get up early. Set up an alarm, get up at the same time and train your mind to not to hit the snooze button. If you do, you won’t be able to stick to it.
Although initial days may seem a bit difficult for you, if you are determined enough to wake up at the same time, you surely will.
#2 Are you sleep deprived?
Health researchers say that ‘an adequate sleep’ is a part of a healthy lifestyle, and if you’re sleep deprived, you are just putting your physical and mental health at stake.
Therefore it’s important that you sleep for at least 7 to 9 hours every day because a good night’s sleep is beneficial for your overall health.
Those who do not take sufficient sleep are unable to manage their time, they remain unproductive and get sick often.
#Recommended read: You might want to explore the time tracking gadgets to form better sleep habits.
#3 You can always customize your work style
The majority of the working class believes that the best trick to get ahead of the daily work goals is to focus on finishing the time-consuming tasks during the first half of the day. And work on simple tasks in the second half of the day so that you can complete it immediately.
As each one of us follows a different work style, so we cannot force all of you to follow a similar working style that does not match your way of working.
Therefore, we recommend you to customize your work style and choose what works best for you.Managing your time is the biggest challenges. Check out the ways to save your time and stay stress-free! Click To Tweet
#4 Plan your day, a day before!
Instead, of planning everything the next day, make sure you make a list of things you want to do, a day before. In my case, I plan my next days’ tasks, a night before.
You can follow these unusual ways to plan your day in advance and get more done in a less time.
- Create a to-do list as it lets you prioritize your work accordingly.
- Stay organized by setting goals, creating tasks and reminders on a Calendar.
- Never make assumptions. Rather think practically as – how long it takes to complete an assignment.
- Keep changing your work strategies because if you keep following the same mundane routine, you will not perform better.
- The simple funda that takes you ahead in life is when you set goals. If you don’t set a vision for yourself, you cannot achieve it. The best way is to plan your daily, weekly, and monthly tasks and concentrate on finishing it.
- We all want to be ahead of our colleagues. So, how is it possible? Well, the answer is – you can always do better. Develop a new routine, stick to it and see what wonders it does to your life.
#5 Why you should avoid focusing on time-wasting activities?
It happens with all of us. We all fall into the trap of unwanted activities that keeps us away from reaching our targets.
While working, some idea just pop into our heads, and we suddenly shift our focus by deciding to check an Email, browse the internet, or we stay connected to the social networking websites for hours than we intend to spend on the crucial tasks.
Some regular activities eventually waste our precious time and minutes just rapidly turn into hours.
- Distracting + time-wasting activities @ work
- Staying more active on social networking websites
- Frequently checking Email
- Indulging in online shopping
- Video streaming
- Turn off mobile notifications
- Spending time on clicking photos
- Playing games on your smartphone, tab, or a laptop
- Answering phone calls often
- Web browsing
- Unproductive meetings
So, the question is – how you can limit yourself from spending time on time-wasting activities?
First things first, determine what all activities you do in a day. Then, see how much time you devote to unproductive pursuits? When you find out those time killers, you should stop doing it.
You may be not knowing, but you have that inherent strength to control your mind. If you decide and give a command to your mind about not doing something that spoils your precious time, you surely can do it.
It’s just that you have to train your mind to work in a right direction.#Prioritizing your day is the first step towards saving your precious time. Read and learn ways. Click To Tweet
#6 Making most from the time management tools
The market is flooded with a plenty of tools that will let you manage your time.
- You can set goals, reminders or add a task via Google Calendar. Learn more about Google Calendar tricks to work productively.
- Google Docs is the world’s best web-based office productivity suite for professionals. Its powerful features let you work seamlessly and collaboratively with a team, clients, and the business partners. Check out the unlimited features and learn to work effortlessly via online documents.
- I have lately heard that RescueTime works best for you. It’s the best time management watchdog that runs in the background of your computer, laptop, and mobile devices.
- It lets you know how much time you spent on a particular activity, and you get detailed reports on daily basis.We often get worried when we fail to remember passwords for accessing all the accounts. But not to worry as “LastPass” is here to your rescue. By using this app, you can manage your passwords securely.
- For managing your time, Google Keep is another app that lets you create your to-do-list instantly and access it on computer, laptop, mobile, or any other wearable technology.
I believe that time management techniques will only work for you if you are determined about changing your work style and making a small move every day to reach your goals.
If you do that, you surely can boost your productivity and get more done enough in a less time.